Tuesday, July 3, 2007

A Trip to the Museum

Today was a warm one, so Aiden and I decided it was a good day to go to the Natural History Museum. We had a good time.




This is what greeted us near the entrance:

A Tyrannosaurus Rex found here in New Mexico. I think I am going to have to go fossil hunting. Who knows what I might find!

There were a lot of dinosaurs, including a Seismosaurus:



They believe this is one was approximately 118 feet long and estimated to be 800 years old when it died!! It was found here in New Mexico.

When you enter the museum, you head upstairs on an elevator that "takes you back in time" and you start from the "Big Bang" and go through the different periods, and eras of the Earth, from its formation, to the Iron Catastrophe, to Dinosaurs, the Ice Ages and modern times.

Too cool...I can't wait to take Meredith and Devin.