Sunday, December 23, 2007

My Present for Myself...

When we lived on Tybee Island, running was my thing. I lost 20 pounds, and then a move and pregnancy kinda put a stop to it. That and the oppressive heat and humidity of a Georgia summer.

We got a treadmill this summer, so I don't have any excuse to not exercise, but I came up with plenty. However, I found my motivation and a fun little tool. It is the Nike+. It is a sensor that hooks up with my ipod to set my workout and record my workout stats. I then go to a website and can keep track of my workouts!

Stephen and I have a challenge going for 2008. To run a 5K. Here is the kicker. Stephen is a 49er's fan, and I am a Cowboys' fan. We will get jerseys for each team, and if one of us fails to do a 5K by the end of the year we have to wear the other team's jersey. For example. If I fail to run the 5K I have to wear the 49er's jersey. Now, if I do run the 5K. Stephen has to wear the Cowboys' jersey. I think the jersey will look good on him!

Little Aiden is keeping me on my toes! I need to be in shape so I can keep up with him!

No comments: